Asian Side or European Side of Istanbul, which is better?
Istanbul is one of the most important metropolises in the world. It is also the only city in the world to have land on two continents at the same time. Many people ask which side is better, the Asian Side or the European Side of Istanbul. And that is what we will show in this article from Ebla Real Estate.
Which side is better, the Asian side or the European side of Istanbul?
The European side, in a nutshell, is the tourist attraction of the city, especially the both sides of the Golden Horn as well as the Bosphorus. The Asian side, on the other hand, does not offer as many tourist attractions, but it offers many things to see and do.
Each side has many advantages as we will see:
Features of the European side of Istanbul:
- The large number of investment and service projects and major vital facilities within the European side in Istanbul, such as airports, bridges, and organized industrial zones.
- The prosperity of residential and commercial real estate on the European side of Istanbul.. It includes the most luxurious residential complexes, apartments and mega urban projects.
- Availability and diversity of job opportunities.
- The European side is more popular due to the fact that it has always been the center of trade, business and industry.
- This side is definitely more crowded than the Asian side.
- Number of hotels, shopping centers, entertainment places, and stadiums on the European side is more than the Asian side
- The European side also includes more natural lakes.
The best areas of the European side of Istanbul:
Istiklal Street (Taksim Street):
Istiklal Street has many tourist attractions and service and entertainment facilities, attracting more than 3 million visitors daily.
Moreover, Istiklal Street has a wide range of hotels, cafes and shops with the most famous brands, as well as theaters, offices, art galleries and bookshops. Not to mention, it has restaurants serving all varieties of Turkish, Western, and Arabic cuisine.
Sultanahmet District is one of Istanbul’s most beautiful and fascinating tourist attractions. In Sultanahmet District, tourists have the chance to see Sultan Ahmet Mosque, known as “the Blue Mosque ”, and SultanAhmet Square, Hagia Sophia Museum, Gulhane Park and others.
Ortakoy, which is one of Istanbul’s most beautiful neighborhoods, includes some of the most visited places in Istanbul such as, Ciragan Palace, Ortakoy Square, Ortakoy Mosque and many restaurants and tourism facilities.
It is one of the most luxurious areas of the European side of Istanbul. It includes many museums, shopping centers, restaurants, and cafes.
Beylikduzu is one of the most prestigious areas in the European side of Istanbul. It is famous for its cultural diversity, green spaces, and luxury residential projects, in addition to markets and entertainment centers.
Features of the Asian side of Istanbul:
- The Asian side generally consists of quiet streets with plenty of greenery.
- Crime rate on the Asian side is less than the European side.
- A large number of modern residential projects within quiet and safe regions.
- Availability of services where they are no less than the European side in Istanbul.
Tourist attractions in the Asian side of Istanbul:
It is one of the most beautiful and prestigious areas of the Asian section of Istanbul. Moreover, Uskudar is one of the favorite tourist destinations because of its entertainment, tourist and historical attractions, with its charming sea view.
It is a preferred tourist destination for foreign tourists, as it includes many museums, markets, parks, and others.
Camlica Hill (Bride’s Hill):
It is one of Istanbul’s seven hills, the highest and most famous one, known as Camlica, or Brides Hill. The hill views all of Istanbul, having a wide variety of restaurants and cafes. It has become a tourist attraction and a popular place for inhabitants in Istanbul.
The Maiden’s Tower (Turkish: Kız Kulesi)
It is one of the most visited places in the Asian side of Istanbul, as it is an architectural masterpiece dating back to the era of the Greeks.
Both architecturally and historically, it is one of the most important buildings, especially for the railway traffic. Haydarpasa Station combines the culture of the West and the East.
It is one of the best and most famous shopping places on the Asian side of Istanbul. It includes many shops and luxurious historical palaces.
Edited by: Ebla Group Real Estate
If you like the topic, do not forget to share it with your friends